What data do we collect?
The Party collects the following data:
- Personal identification information such as you gave us in your Membership submission (Name, email address, phone number, address, constituency, etc.)
- Data you may enter into the digital communication platform known as the “Party Moot”, which you may request deletion of at any time (provided you can identify the specific data clearly enough for it to be found)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Party with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Become a Member either of the Party, or a member of the Party Moot.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback via any digital service we provide or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
The Party collects your data so that we can:
- Process your subscription and manage your Membership.
We will not share your data except with PayPal, Stripe, and DonorBox as currently necessary to efficiently take subscriptions for Membership, and with Mattermost as is necessary in order to operate the Party Moot.
When the Party processes your subscription, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
The Party securely stores your membership data, digitally, on our servers. We will notify the membership if or when we commence retaining hard copy of any membership data, and make modifications accordingly to this document.
The Party shares some data with previously mentioned companies, but never knowingly more than is necessary for the operation of our systems.
The Party will keep your membership data for at most one year after your membership ceases, should it cease. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data from our systems.
What are your data protection rights?
The Party would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request the Party for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that the Party correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the Party to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the Party erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the Party restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the Party’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the Party transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Technical requirements for the website
- Technical requirements for the Party Moot
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – The Party uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- The Party Moot utilises cookies if you use the web app to access it. The application itself contains relevant privacy information.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
We do not store any information for petitions for any purpose other than the petitions themselves. We will not email you except to confirm your signature. Your name and email address will be stored as part of the petition; once we have delivered the related letter with the signatures, we will delete all petition data within 3 months.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that the Party has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/