The Moot is a gathering place.
Anyone is welcome to join.
The Activism Moot is open to activists from any or no party affiliation who wish to collaborate on specific campaigns, or for allies who need a rallying point.
The Public Moot is open to both Party members and members of the public.
We advise joining both when and if you join!
Please ask if you need Help.
What are the different types of channel?
There are firstly both public and private channels. Private channels one cannot join without an invite. Our “structural” channels are mostly in this category: Members can request to join Working Groups by joining the appropriate request channel.
Public channels on the Moot can be seen & joined by anyone, and people are free to join (or leave) those as they wish. Such channels are prefixed “PUB”.
In addition, we have coded the naming of the channels as follows:
- ACC – Channels in which you can ask for access to other channels. Mostly not in use right now, but there to demonstrate purpose & for testing. Sometimes public and sometimes private.
- COM – Committee channels. Channels for use by Committees, which are amalgamations of Working Groups with intersecting focuses. These are always private & only for the Membership, although observers may be invited occasionally.
- MEMB – Membership-only channels.
- WG – Working Group channels. Working Groups are fluid groups of Members who are interested in the focus(es) of the Working Group in question. These are always private & only for the Membership, although observers may be invited occasionally.
- WRK – Channels for specific tasks; these are sometimes open to the public.